Wednesday, February 23, 2011

How To Make A Bamboo Wedding Arch

It grows .... In

.... my jacket: the back and front are finished, the second front on the needles. It is already clearly apparent that I must not re-dyeing, the dyed wool top is more than enough. However, I have the yarn for the sleeves partially spin yet and twine.
The entangled gradient I am also very satisfied ... Here is an excerpt:

Source: Süddeutsche roving, dyed and spun by its own idea

the way it was yesterday when wool sheep an interesting question, which provides my future cardigan a good answer:

the Wool Tuesday Question 8 / 2011

February 22

you own a variable needle set with interchangeable needle tips and cables of different lengths? Have you even more? What are the advantages of these sets? There's any drawbacks? If you do not have one - why not?

Many thanks to Monika for today's question!


first time: yes I have ;-)))
I started with a small set of knit-picks (now knit-pro), and by and by, some more needle tips in various strengths and one, to come two Seilchen . The set, three needle sizes, which are particularly popular with me. In the "big sets" I have too many tips that I might never use because I preferred to buy separately for needle tips, I will really need.

With the needle tips, it is very pleasant to knit and I really like that I have the cable length can vary depending on garment without having to stockpile tens of times the same needle size (just in different pitches) have to.

Another advantage - of right now is on my jacket to wear - is that the cables can be used for closing down primstens stitches. Simply unscrew the needle tip and the end pieces turn, is already running stitches all safe. Try on the garment is not a problem - even a "stick thread" can thus replace a Seilchen. And jerk-twitch woman can by quickly unscrewing back to the closed loops . Continued knitting I used to use this round embroidery needles and cursed on Sun manchesmal herausgerutsche stitches. Withdrawn cotton threads fulfilled even this purpose and could be tied, but were always pretty frimelig. Since the ropes are already comfortable.

So I find the variable needle sets just great and would not give him away. However, a small disadvantage they already have: the wool business, I rarely get past the needle tip Regal, without anything that wanders into the shopping basket. What a happiness that I always go to first in the big city needs and does not occur so often * lol * ....



0 comments:

Post a Comment